Assistant Principal: Years 5-8
Start date: September 2021
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: L17 – 22 (£62,570- £ 70,745 per annum)
This is a wonderful opportunity for a dynamic, creative person to shape the future of our completely new school from day one. You will do this by developing exceptional pastoral and academic provision for pupils in Years 5-8.
Great Park Academy is one of two new schools within Gosforth Group Multi Academy Trust -opening in September 2021.
For the first two years the 9-16 school will be housed in a newly constructed classroom block on the current Gosforth Academy site before moving to a brand new 1200 capacity school building within Newcastle Great Park.
We are looking to appoint a brilliant teacher who is passionate, pro-active and innovative. You will have excellent knowledge of the Primary Curriculum and have taught across key stage 2, ideally with some key stage 3 experience. You will also need to be extremely versatile and keen to be an integral part of many and varied aspects of school life; particularly during the first two or three years while the school is growing in size.
The successful applicant will initially establish and develop the KS2curriculum and highly effective pastoral provision. You will have a proven record of raising attainment and accelerating progress, whilst demonstrating effective and exciting teaching and learning.
Our Assistant Principal ; Years 5-8 will be a consummate professional, practical and ‘hands-on’; able to enthuse and motivate colleagues and students alike.
This is a unique chance for someone looking to develop as a leader within a highly successful and supportive multi academy trust, backed up by excellent resources and facilities.
What we need:
- An outstanding practitioner
- A passion for teaching and education
- An ability to lead, manage and develop effective pastoral support
- A proven track record of excellent progress and achievement across key stage 2, ideally with some experience of working with key stage 3 pupils
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
- The ability to develop, lead and inspire a team of staff
- A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for students of all abilities and from all backgrounds
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals across the Trust
• Enthusiastic and motivated students
• An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
• A school with its community at heart
• A programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
We hope you’ll visit our website to find out more about us.
Please refer to the Applicant letter for full details of how to apply
Closing date for applications:
12 noon on Friday 16th April 2021
Week commencing Monday 26th April 2021