Our Careers Leader at Great Park Academy is Katherine Billingsley.
In the documents available to download below we have set out which activities take place throughout the year for each year group. We measure the impact of these activities in a variety of ways, for example analysing destination data and seeking feedback from students, staff and other participants involved in the programme, such as employers.
If you would like to offer feedback or any further comments on our Careers Programme please email Katherine Billingsley using the details above. It is the aim of the Academy to fully meet the eight Gatsby benchmarks of Good Career Guidance:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
Connexions are available to speak to parents, carers and pupils at review day. The PSHCE scheme of work in Year 8 develops students’ awareness of the world of work and career pathways.
Events are organised throughout the year that expose students to the wider world of work and allow them to have encounters with professionals from a variety of industries and sectors.